(1) Since it is not possible for WAEC inspectors to visit all schools/centres to inspect the conduct of all examination papers, due to the geographical spread of examination centres across the country, many malpractice cases such as collusion are perpetrated during examinations.
(2) A high number of collusion cases are usually detected by examiners during the marking of Essay Scripts.
(3) There are schools/centres where almost all the candidates score very high marks in objective tests, but very low marks in the theory papers, and this has been of great concern to the Council.
(4) Collusion cases in Objective Papers previously went undetected because of lack of known technologies to detect malpractice in objective tests.
(5) A new software tool, Item Differentia Profile, is now available to detect collusion cases in objective tests.
2. DEPLOYMENT OF NEW TECHNOLOGICAL INSTRUMENT (ITEM DIFFERENTIA PROFILE) FOR THE DETECTION OF COLLUSION CASES IN OBJECTIVE TEST
WAEC through its commitment to combatting examination malpractice, consistent innovation, deployment of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in its operations, has deployed a software application for detecting cases of collusion (malpractice) among candidates during the conduct of Objective tests.
The new technological solution is capable of detecting most of the collusion cases that take place during the conduct of objective tests in WASSC examinations, and to report on the candidates who were implicated, using the charge sheets, that are electronically generated by the computer.
Candidates and other stakeholders are hereby informed about this new development, so that they would be advised to desist from examination malpractice forthwith because ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse for any reported breach. Please be guided accordingly.